Saturday, August 02, 2014

Other Things Second

My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. (Psalm 62:5-6)

Admit it on this fine Saturday morning, we have placed our hopes and expectations in other things first at times. Perhaps it was one of those carnal, uncontrollable reactions that did it. Maybe it was a conscious and wrong decision that did it, but did it we done did and the sin is in. Our hopes and expectations, our safety, surety, and security must be based in God first and foremost. It is easy to count on the things of this world that we can see and hold, except for those things that experience has taught us cannot be trusted. Peter reminds us that all the things of this earth will one day perish in fire. Prefer to look back to what has happened? The deluge in Noah's day should warn us that the things of the earth are not permanent.

Moses sung that God is from everlasting to everlasting. Which then should we trust in, the impermanent, movable, and changeable earth, or in God? How can a mere man say that he cannot be moved? By basing that fact on God alone, just as David did so many years ago. Our first and best hope has always been God. Who sent His Son to save us? The earth and its powers certainly didn't. I'm placing my faith in the One who saves!

Enjoy the Saturday in Christ alone!
Bucky

No comments: