Thursday, August 07, 2014

Best Answers

Good morning on this second day after Monday, not including the one I missed pretty much all around. Oh, yes, poor planning, worse execution, I had it all yesterday; and probably a little help from the powers of this world too. I missed appointments, didn't get the devotional even started, and after wandering by happenstance right into a funeral procession, I kinda thought that I really wasn't meant to be in Sidney yesterday and got myself on home. Fortunately, I suppose, the funeral procession turned out to not be my own, so that was a good thing. Mostly because, had it been mine scheduled for yesterday I would have missed it entirely along with all the other stuff that didn't work out. Is missing scheduled things always the worst answer? It may seem so to you and me, but perhaps the best answer is what actually happened.

You and I may never know, but we can have faith that God's control hasn't slipped at all. Perhaps a day like happened to me yesterday was all in God's plan. However, whether I received God's best answer or not should never give me cause to excuse my bad decisions. It is too easy to look back on some decision and give myself a pass. "Foul ball!" the umpire yells. A bad decision on my part is not necessarily God directing my steps or His best answer. I don't get to shrug the shoulders and blame God for my bad choices, and then chalk it all up to His sovereign will. I believe Paul's words that all things work together for our good, but that is all due to God's grace and love working every day. Only God can take all of the bad choices, sins, good deeds, right decisions, and all that other stuff that goes into life and make you and me into what He desires. I suspect though that the journey of life would be much easier without some of those messed up days that sometimes happen from a string of bad choices that at first may not seem to relate to one another. I may well have missed God's best answer yesterday, but I have faith in His restorative power.

Take the hit for a messed up day, and give it another try in Christ!
Bucky

No comments: