Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Some Days...We Just Don't Feel Super Anything

It feels like a Monday, but the day is a Tuesday. I'm not sure what the birds are doing can be called singing either. I think that I feel like a curmudgeon today, but I'm not sure that I'm old enough to qualify. Some days we just don't wake up feeling like what we are. My 'Devotional Writer' suit must be in the laundry hamper, or maybe I left my Super Christ-one shirt at the church on Sunday, but I don't feel as I think I ought to this morning. Of course, we must realize that Jesus didn't say, "It is accomplished; they will all feel much better now." No doubt the many Jesus healed of physical sickness felt much better quickly, and we seek that same 'feeling' at salvation. Salvation is accomplished by faith, and faith is not supported by our transitory feelings.

Faith stands whether we feel ill or in perfect health. Faith rests in Christ on the days we feel weak, as well as the days on which we feel strong and able. Faith is not lost to fear, though it can feel very much like it when we are afraid. Faith and unbelief do not sit beside each other, but our salvation is based on Christ and not on our doubts. We live by faith in Christ, and not by some vague optimistic feeling that might get up with us or decide to stay in bed on a cool Tuesday morning. Faith just isn't a feeling that we wake up with or don't.

I don't feel very super today, but I'll keep my faith in Christ. Have you noticed there is no such thing as a Superchrist in the Bible? It just isn't possible to have anyone superior to Christ. There will come an anti, but never a super. Christ is the Almighty One, enjoy Him as your savior today.

Bucky

No comments: