Friday, August 31, 2012

Worries And Really Fast Spiders

It's 0651 on the somewhat lower High Plains of Colorado. Seems kind of strange to write that state instead of the old one. It's a little odd too that this part of Colorado is actually lower in elevation than where I was in Nebraska. Isn't Colorado supposed to be all mountain peaks and such, mile-high cities and those kind of things? I guess every state has to have a drain in the tub so to speak. We better leave that and just write away from it. Move on to a higher calling, if you will. I noticed yesterday that Julesburg has at least one really fast spider. Of course, with all the furniture and stuff that I moved down here, it could be an import too. I didn't even have time to think 'flyswatter' before this spider had vanished behind a desk. It explains some of the things I've been catching out of the corner of my eye in the past couple of days. Enough chit-chat for today.

The provisioning of the new home continues, and that brought me to thinking about the more mundane things of this Christian life. Jesus commanded us to not worry about food and clothing, and where these things will come from tomorrow. However, we do need to stock the pantry and we must work to earn the money, go to the grocery store, make a list (I sometimes do it in that order too.), pack the stuff in from the car and load the shelves. When tough times come, stocking a pantry shelf can be something we miss very much. Staring at an empty larder is not a good way to ease the worry about tomorrow!

Rejecting worry can be one of the more difficult things in life. We can look around us and find things to worry about, and if we conquer that worry then the news media outlets can give us a whole new batch of worries. I'm not sure the cat is fast enough to catch this spider, now that's something more to worry about. I am to think of my Sovereign Lord, and not dwell on the worrisome things of this world. Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend. I pray that God blesses us with some rain and cooler temperatures soon.

Bucky

No comments: