Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Better Day

Ah, the coolness of the morning. Not officially autumn yet, but certainly an indication that the seasons will soon change. It would be difficult under many circumstances to not look ahead to tomorrow. But for some of us, tomorrow is a baptism Sunday. If God is willing, He will also make me able. Tough day yesterday, something many of us expected yesterday did not happen. God's time table did not agree with my own in this case and we all know whose will is done when that conflict occurs. I can try to force an issue, but many things are simply out of my control. What makes God's time schedule better than my own? Hmm, let us look at that more closely.

God is all knowing: Every event both today and tomorrow He already knows and has ordained. I know little about today and even less about tomorrow. God holds the ultimate wisdom in His hands: The best timing for everything is known and held by God. I only think I know the best time for a few little things. God created the heavens and the earth; I struggle to rearrange some of God's raw materials now and then. God's Son is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end; I am only what God has created. God knows what is best for everyone involved in the event in question - even to the generations to come in this world. I sometimes think that I know what is best for me, and occasionally what may be best for a few others, and even that knowledge is questionable at best. I think we may be onto something in our little examination here. And that knowledge? Well, that knowledge is based on God's revelation too. Not too hard to figure out why God's outcome and timing is best in everything... once we come to believe in Jesus and listen to God's own Spirit.

Praise the name of the Lord!
Bucky

No comments: