Friday, August 17, 2012

Waiting For The Big News

I know that you are all waiting for the big news, but so far none has arrived. Hmm, kind of sounds like I'm expecting a child or something. Nope, just the news that one house is closing and the big move to the other. What is my job in this? Of course, we know that putting faith into action requires that I do as much as I can to get ready, to be ready, and to wait upon the Lord. After that, I wait. Waiting for the Lord's time does not involve fretting over things that have not happened or worrying myself with thoughts of this scary thing or that unlikely possibility. As I stood in my former kitchen looking across empty rooms and clean carpets, I thought that waiting is always an opportunity to come closer to God in thought and prayer. It is also a time that can be used to increase worry and fear to unbearable levels. We always have that choice and so often we take the dark side of things and follow the wrong path for a while.

I cannot move this real estate thing along any faster. What must be done now is out of my hands. This is an opportunity to have faith and trust completely in the Lord. A government office is involved, but trying to interfere could only make things worse. Praying my needs to God with thanksgiving on the other hand gives me an opportunity to show who I have faith in. Hint: it ain't the bureau-cats in far away offices. Speaking of cats, each morning I have taken the time to pray over the cat that is in the basement... the empty, bare, and uncomfortable basement. I invite him to join me in prayer and I can only hope that his offering to the Lord will help. Then we wait. Do you like being powerless to do anything to move something along? Me neither.

I don't know why though. For I know that the world and its powers are much too large for me to move. I know that God is all-powerful and mighty to act on my behalf. Yet, that flesh wants to be in control, and it does not like to wait on the Lord. The flesh lies, for it cannot save me, not even in this world. My faith is in God, and in His saving grace I will trust.

To God be the glory, now and forevermore!
Bucky

No comments: