Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Walk with God - September 23, 2008

Good Tuesday morning! This morning I ruminated over the negative waves coming from my brain. I wondered why it seemed that I should take some signs as negative. Even those in the world speak of thinking positively, turning frowns upside down, and other sayings to turn our attitudes around. Maybe that "sign" you or I see is not a sign of storm clouds, but is a sign of wonderful blessings headed our way. Is the cloud a storm or is it a shower of blessing? When we go around with dread and despair, we forget who is in charge. God brought us joy and peace in the person of Jesus Christ, who sent the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, to us when He ascended to His place beside God.

I had more time to think this morning, owing to a nice walk. Yes, I began walking in the mornings again, so watch out for some deep thoughts. This time of the year is a nice time for a morning walk; the temperatures are cool and the early morning is dark and quiet. I noticed that the most difficult challenge in walking each morning lies within my head. Each morning, I can think of as many reasons not to walk as to walk, but I feel much better after walking. We all know which way is better for me physically! I often think that I must work my up to running, but that isn't at all true. The lies of the adversary are so many that we would be lost without the Holy Spirit to guide us in this world.

God loves you and so do I!


Bucky

No comments: