Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday Musings - September 20, 2008

Good Saturday morning! The sun is blinding me this morning, must be something about the changing season that makes it shine straight into my eyeballs while sitting at my computer. There, I had to lower a shade to block the sunlight, and to straighten out the typing I attempted while blinded. I see that the White House is asking Congress for $700 billion to bail out the bad debt of banks. Wow, where do you suppose that much money will come from? Enjoy paying your taxes, you and I just bailed out a bunch of banks. Let us pray that our new banks will prosper as Chrysler did after its bailout in 1980. I am, however, concerned that we are creating or enabling the type of environment where bad decisions are rewarded with a government bailout. How will that affect your vote in this election about 7 weeks from now? I have asked this before, but does it seem like we have spent the last several elections voting for the candidate we feel will do the least damage? Did the Republicans surprise you with their choice for Vice-Presidential candidate? I was surprised, and amused by the media hoopla that came afterwards. Of course the media is a bit rabid about the selection of Gov. Palin, none of them saw it coming either!

I am having a slow Saturday morning. I have done very little and it's almost 0800, tragic indeed. It's also one of those "on call" Saturdays. I am never too anxious to start something on these days as I am expecting an interruption at any time. Is that faith? Perhaps, but in the wrong direction. Why do we find it so easy to believe in the possibility of bad news, and less easy to believe in good news? Always trust in God; put your faith in Him and let the news come as it may. You may find that good news arrives first!

God bless you on this fine Saturday,

Bucky

No comments: