Saturday, September 06, 2008

Save Your Self? - September 6, 2008

Good afternoon! After making it through the morning with no Internet connection, again, I am back. I hope you are all listening or watching the Huskers' game. Okay, many of you may not care about the college football games. I can hear a radio or two playing around the neighborhood with the game on.

Are you afraid to admit to the Lord that you need help? One of the marks of pride in a person is that he or she can do everything for themselves. I have been in that position, and I'm sure that many others could say the same thing. We might call it stubbornness or pig-headed, or many other things, but when we will not ask the Lord for help, we are telling our savior that we do not need Him. Jesus told us the He alone is the way to salvation. How can we save ourselves if we are not the way? As you can see, saving your self does not work. You either believe that Jesus is the Way, just as He said, or you try to save your self and will, of course, fail. You might say that having Jesus save "me" is okay, but "I" will take care of this or that other thing in my life. We know however that Jesus wants us to surrender all of our life to Him. We cannot say that we believe in Jesus only up to a certain point. If you are refusing to ask our Lord God to help with everything, you might as well not ask for anything. I can think of areas and times in my own life when I didn't ask God to help first, but instead took off on my own. Most of the time that doesn't work out very well. Need help? Start with prayer, come to the One who is sovereign over all things. Put your trust and your life in Jesus.

Have a great Saturday in Jesus!

Bucky

No comments: