Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fallible? - September 16, 2008

Good morning! Are you infallible, never making any mistakes or never stumbling in your Christian walk? No, me neither. From deliberate sins to simple mistakes and gaffes we all find ourselves asking forgiveness from God and from our fellow humans. Our mistakes are humbling experiences, but they need not be embarrassing. If another person does not accept our apology, then let the Lord deal with that person. Too often I find myself stewing in the experience, going on and on with the coulda-shoulda-woulda's. Today, I resolved to get that stopped. I am going to make mistakes in all areas of my life and past mistakes need not be replayed in my mind repeatedly. Do friends like to bring up your past blunders for their own amusement? That will happen in this life; I can only hope it makes them feel better.

God reminds us that when He grants us forgiveness, because of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross, that our sins are put away from Him as far as the east is from the west. I cannot conceive of how far that is, but I am glad. Does the Accuser like to remind you of past sins? Tell him to knock it off and remind him of the forgiveness and grace we have received from the cleansing of the cross.

Praise the name of Jesus on this fine day!

Bucky

No comments: