Thursday, September 25, 2008

Guide Me - September 25, 2008

Good Thursday morning! I believe that we should be finishing up the late nights before too long; the midnight jobs do wear on a person. I remember a song, or at least the title or line from a song, that goes: Guide Me, O Thou Great Redeemer. I'll write it as a title since I believe it is one. Sometimes I like to think of that line when I feel lost in this great ocean of life. At birth we are like little boats thrown out into a huge ocean. For a time, our parents and teachers guide us, but when we leave on our own, we guide our own little boats for a while. Those who believe in Jesus soon learn that we have no idea how rough and huge this ocean is, we come to rely on our Great Redeemer to guide us and to captain our ship. At one time I envied those who felt called to a particular endeavor early in life. I thought that they had it made for it did not seem like I had a definite calling until quite late. However, though those folks may appear to know where they are going in life, I am not so sure they are not mistaken in many cases. Since only God can see the boundaries and ports of this great ocean of life, and only Jesus is the Way, we must have a guide to arrive where we want to go. A humbling thought is to realize that we are given a ship to sail in this life, but have no idea how to get that ship to heaven. Let Jesus be your guide and captain!

Bucky

No comments: