Tuesday, August 28, 2007

August 28, 2007

Good morning! Well, I did wake up at 0400 for the eclipse, but our view of the moon was itself eclipsed by clouds this morning. Ah, the best laid plans... A wonderful day awaits; let's enjoy it to the fullest. Psalm 37 contrasts the wicked and the godly, and the outlook is not comforting to the wicked. In loving all people as Jesus did, do we really want bad things to happen to anyone? No we don't, but we do long for justice for those who are clearly given over to evil. We know from Bible prophecy that the world will produce some very bad persons in the coming days. I do not look forward to running into them and I'm sure you don't either. How much better is what awaits the godly, those who obey God and strive to do what is right! We have much to look forward to. Though the world can easily point to sin in our life, especially if they could see inside our head, we know that we are forgiven. My journey to God - and away from sin - has a long way to go. It is obvious in my heart that the lust of the flesh is still present in many areas, but I no longer think that I am worse than others in this. As Pastor Rogers said yesterday, everyone is bombarded by those thoughts that we would rather not have. Just mentioning a list of them can bring images to mind, so I won't do that to you. Trust in the Lord, and bat those thoughts away, don't let them make a home in your mind.

Jesus is Lord!

Bucky

No comments: