Wednesday, August 15, 2007

August 15, 2007

Good morning, the rains of last night haven't quite moved on yet, the sky is cloudy with a hint of more rain possible. So far this has been an unusual August for us in terms of rainfall. We have more than the amount we normally see at this time of the year. I pray for each of you this day, that you might have a wonderful and blessed day in Christ Jesus. It would seem that my work hours are going to change, and so the devotional might be a bit later next week or perhaps as soon as tomorrow.

One of the areas in which I must often remind myself to submit is in the changes at work. As long as I continue to accept those paychecks, I need to submit to those put over me. It can be difficult when it seems that the orders are capricious or have no good reasoning behind them. Whenever a new boss takes over he or she will implement some changes to assume the new position. I did it when I took over a new area back in the day, and some of those decisions may have seemed strange to my subordinates at the time. Submission can be one of the most difficult areas in our lives; it is only natural that we want to be in charge of our lives. However, we are to submit to Jesus first, and those he places over us second. This may be politicians, military leaders, team coaches, teachers, and especially bosses. Oops, as a single person I forgot to mention spouses in that list. :-)

No human leader will be as good, as perfect, as our example, Jesus. That alone makes it difficult to submit to our earthly authorities, but God will strengthen us to bring glory to his name through our obedience. This will not be easy for any of us; we must trust in God and walk with him.

Sing of the joy of salvation in Christ, and hold that joy in your heart, no matter what the day brings.

Bucky

No comments: