Sunday, August 12, 2007

August 12, 2007

Good morning! Today I was able to enjoy the charm and ambiance of the local laundromat thanks to my broken down washing machine. It was much the same as I remember it; in fact the machines are still the same ones if I am not mistaken. The cost isn't quite the same though! :-) Heh, now I really feel like a college student.

Last night I took up the writing pen oops, keyboard, again. I believe that I have received a message from God to get on it again, and you know, it was like I had never stopped. It has been more than a year since I have written anything on my novels and there it was, the words flowing out and my anxieties falling away. May the Lord God be praised.

Jack Harris kindly sent a note of encouragement yesterday, and he has my gratitude for that. Note the action point from Pastor Rogers today and then take notice of how the Holy Spirit works in all of us! I would write the devotional even if no one read it, but it is better to hear from someone and be blessed. While we're at it, Jack will be starting online college courses and you know from my uh, moaning, that it is not easy to do while working full time. Jack also has a family to raise, please pray for him in this endeavor.

This morning I thought back to the toughest time in boot camp, the time that I really wanted to quit and go home, and that was not at the start. Now, I do remember wanting to turn around and flee at the start, but I didn't want to quit. The part where I gave in to depression and thought that I could not finish was, strangely enough, right before the end. College is the same way, and I am in some of the best classes, the ones I really looked forward to. Part of it is the heavy workload we have at work this year, part of it is the long journey this college education has been, part of it is that I didn't write for fun for quite some time, and part of it is my dirty house.

That last one might give you pause, but it goes like this. When I began school, or rather returned to school, I accepted that full-time work and full-time school would mean that some things might slip. So, I gave up on trying to keep my house clean; my excuse was that I had all that schoolwork to do. However, as time has passed and the house has slowly become a larger mess, I am sure now that being surrounded by and looking at the mess each day is depressing to me. This weekend I began devoting some time each Saturday morning to clean-up and already I feel better. Of course, after more than 2 1/2 years of school I didn't get it all cleaned up this weekend. One room at a time, it should begin to look like it did before school began and keeping up with the easier tasks, such as dusting and vacuuming, will make a real difference too. God has given me this house, and keeping it up is my responsibility. The cats will do their part by making sure that I have something to vacuum each weekend. :-)

So many changes going on this year! The reorganization chart was published on Friday at my work place, and it will be interesting. That uncertainty has at least some certainties now, but whether it will turn out for good or bad I do not know. Or do I? Yes, in Christ we do have the assurance that all things work together for the good of those who will believe. That does not mean that the change will be easy, but neither does it say that it will be hard, it could be either way.

This may not set the record for longest devotional, but I am giving it a good try! I pray for all of you in the blessed name of Jesus,

Bucky

No comments: