Sunday, August 19, 2007

August 19. 2007

Good Sunday morning! Someone mentioned that the dog days of August are here. I am not sure what signals that, but we are having weather more like the end of June. Highs in the 90's and thunderstorms every evening. The mornings are getting nice with temps usually in the low 60's. Yesterday's homework did not go as quickly as I had hoped. Other than dinner and a break or two, it took from about noon until 8pm to get it finished. One day soon the classes will be finished. I've just noticed an open package with one battery in it. Now I curious if there is anything in my entire house that uses an odd number of batteries and why one of four would be left. If that is my worst conundrum of the day, I shall be sitting on easy street.

Tomorrow the new school year starts out here. The kids may not be as happy to see it arrive as I am. It isn't that I want to lock all the kids up, but that this is the start of fall to me, one of my favorite seasons. By the way it is just over 4 months until Christmas, in case you are counting down with me. :-) How I look forward to that glorious day when the greatest gift of all, Jesus Christ, will return to us. Wow, what a feeling of wondrous anticipation fills me at the thought of his return!

Enjoy the blessings of God this great day!

Bucky

No comments: