Saturday, August 11, 2007

August 11, 2007

Good afternoon; another productive morning has passed and it is time to get writing. Do you have friends who are not Christian? Does that bring up awkward conversations such as "Don't bother me with that stuff"? I had a friend when I was a boy who did not want to attend vacation Bible school with me. As time went on we drifted apart and never again hung out with the same group or even together. This will happen, Jesus told us that it would. All of us have a choice to make, and others that we know and love may not choose to go the same way and to follow the Way. I did not grow to dislike my childhood friend. Growing up in a small town we even had classes together in school. We grow to love Christ more each day and as that love grows so also does our love for others. This can create a friction when we come back to others with the love of Jesus and they push us away. Remember the "don't bother me with that stuff"? I imagine that all of us have heard much worse, perhaps even to the point of cursing at us for mentioning the light of Jesus. I do believe that we were warned about that too.

I hope that you are enjoying a wonderful weekend! I am, class and all. I will not use the entire weekend for class work this time. I didn't get my week off between classes this time and so I will need to take some nights off during the class. Tomorrow sounds like a good one to me. Well, off to class for now.

God loves you and so do I,

Bucky

No comments: