Tuesday, April 03, 2007

April 3, 2007

Good morning! Sometimes the wording in the King James Version of the Bible can be difficult to understand, but the phrase “King of kings, and Lord of lords” seems pretty clear. I think all of us can understand that phrase sets Jesus above all who have ever held the title of king or lord on the earth. Even the glories of Solomon have faded with time; not many of us can imagine what his reign must have been like. Yesterday, I mentioned how disappointed the Jews were that Jesus did not set up his earthly kingdom at that time. They expected Messiah to set up a kingdom even greater than Solomon and David right then, or to us, right now! The glorious kingdom of our Lord will arrive, but not on our schedule. In Revelation, John attempts to describe this kingdom to us and it is hard for me to grasp or imagine things like transparent gold. I am still here in this world and my mental vision has a difficult time with things that far beyond my experience. Is it not grand though? We can expect to see things in God’s kingdom that are indescribably beautiful. We will get to see this one day; hold fast to our Lord Jesus Christ.

Bucky

No comments: