Monday, June 08, 2020

Personal Accountability

So he promised and sought opportunity to betray Him to them in the absence of the multitude. Luke 22:6

It is only fair, I suppose, after all I have been one among many who has on occasion suggested recalling or voting out an entire political body, that one of those groups would then decide to disband their police force in response to current events. That would be an interesting experiment in personal accountability in one part of one city. 

One thing I have found through experience is that I am not the best personal accountant of my ability to resist sin. Easily do I fall into it in some areas of temptation and somewhat thin is my ability to recall for accounting purposes every transgression. Should I count on this somewhat spotty record to justify myself before the great Judge at the end, I would of course fall to the evidence against me. This was shown to me by the Lord's Spirit back some years ago, and I came to know that only through a savior could I be justified. Just so happens, the Lord had provided a Savior long before I came to be born on this Earth. And there He was, evidence through faith of the Lord's goodness and love, a cure for my weak personal accountability. Hallelujah!

Rejoice, those events that concern us so in this day may well be the sea from which the Beast of the final tribulation stands forth revealed. Our redemption draws near!

Bucky

No comments: