Monday, September 19, 2016

When I Look To Him, It's Not So Grim

If through training or inclination or perhaps simple natural ability you have become a perfectionist searching for that perfect spouse, perfect house, and perfect life, you may have found a life filled with disappointment. The perfect house is always in another state, the perfect spouse is married to another husband or wife, and the perfect life keeps running into your imperfect decisions, foibles, bumbles and fumbles. Perfectionism is that task master that is never satisfied.

Looking at my own life, I have come to realize that the perfect wife could only qualify as perfect if she first wanted nothing to do with me. This is not to put myself down, but to remind myself and you that Jesus had no reason in each of us or all of us together to want to marry His bride, the church. We cannot qualify as the bride of Christ on our own, but through His perfect love, His sacrifice for us on the cross, and His Father's overwhelming grace, we are saved and made a perfect match for Him. All the doing is of course on His side.

When I look to me, the conviction of sin God's Holy Spirit places on me makes for a tough list to bear. However, when I look to Him, it's not so grim. There is no sin that He cannot forgive and only one that will not be forgiven. I think that one that will not be forgiven is because those doing it will never ask, because I have found my Lord to be altogether willing and swift to forgive every sin and to work with me to repent, heal, and desire earnestly to have them all removed forever. When I look to Jesus, what reason have I to be down this morning?

Have a great day in our great Lord!

Bucky

No comments: