Tuesday, February 02, 2016

The Usual Snow Metaphor

The snowfall may be changing directions as I write. Somewhere out there is a truck of mine buried in a snowbank. Yes, we have our blizzard and it's time for the usual snow metaphor or simile or whatever. I like Isaiah 1:18,

"Come now, and let us reason together,”
​​Says the LORD,
​​“Though your sins are like scarlet,
​​They shall be as white as snow;
​​Though they are red like crimson,
​​They shall be as wool."

Snow covers everything in a snowfall like this one. I find it enlightening to remember the Lord's statement right there in the middle of that verse. Looking out at my yard this morning, I cannot see how poorly I kept it this year. The snow covers all my yard sins and makes a beautiful white coating. In the same way, the blood of Christ covers all sins. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be white as snow." God gave us the perfect example for His mercy and grace in the snows that come from time to time.

Keep your head above the snow drifts and don't go out if you don't have to today!

Bucky

No comments: