Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Can't Measure Up

Oh dear, we finished the study of Romans with Paul's wonderful, beautiful benediction, and now I have to write to you. There's no way I can measure up. Well of course not! Look at Jesus, how well do I measure up there? Perfect, sinless life? That's out for me, it was many years ago. Words of the Lord straight from Heaven? I'm down here on Earth. Not that the Lord can't or won't speak to me, but once the word comes it still must go through my human mind and fumbly-stumbly typing fingers. That's when we realize that Jesus didn't write a gospel. Nope, He used Mark, John, Luke, and Matthew to do the writing. They couldn't measure up to Jesus either.

We are becoming who God made us to be. A measuring stick that sets a mark we can never equal only serves to show us our need for Jesus. I wasn't meant to measure up to Paul as a writer; I was created to be the writer I am. Jesus didn't die to make a zillion little Christs, He died to redeem what He created. Paul has his special place in the family of God, as do you and I, and everyone who believes in Jesus our Lord. We cannot measure up to each other, and we will never measure up to our Lord Jesus. As God told our dear friend Paul one time, "My grace is sufficient for you!"

Have a wonderful day as you think of our Lord we call Wonderful!

Bucky

No comments: