Monday, January 05, 2015

That I May Learn

Good Monday! Oh, sorry, the first Monday of the year should perhaps not start out so cheerfully. Years ago, God started bringing questions into my mind. You have faced similar questions in your faith by this point. What is the purpose behind these questions? That I may learn. That you may learn. That all those who call God 'Father' may learn and grow in faith.

We watch in Paul's message to the Romans as the apostle struggles with questions of faith. "Why do I do those things that I hate?" Paul asks. We ask much the same question today. "If I am saved, shouldn't my sinful behavior be a thing of the past by now?" We live a life of questions here in this boot camp to eternity. Some we gain answers to more quickly than others. The one about when Jesus will return will be answered when Jesus returns. We don't get to know that one before the time set by God our Father. Others we learn and grow into as God leads us in this life. Bible study and messages from our teachers help us to gain the answers for which God has placed the question in the mind.

The robe of righteousness may be a few sizes too big right now as we look on life as we know it. Rest assured though that He who began this great work in us will indeed grow us into the robe He has given.

Have a righteous new year in Christ Jesus!

Bucky

No comments: