Thursday, January 15, 2015

Blessings By The Cup

Early morning, sliver of a moon shining in the dark, strange heavy music playing in the background. Yes, I'm perilously close to writing, "It was a dark and stormy night." I live dangerously by taking up the writing of a devotional with decaf coffee. I wonder if someone has invented the coffee maker that produces one cup of caffeinated coffee, then a few cups of decaf? Sure, I could get a Keurig or some other single-cup coffee shooter, but it sounds expensive. Oh, the terrible terrors of a Thursday morning! As you can read, I am blessed beyond anything I deserve on this fine morning.

Jesus loves me and you! We may tend to think in terms of a children's song, but the message was intended for all people. The song makes the message more accessible to children, but we shouldn't set it aside. It is in adulthood that the real fears and challenges of life arrive in their battalions. We need the love of Christ each and every moment. Blessings of God's love are poured out upon us by the cup. If we think in terms of some little tea cup, we are not thinking of the God-sized cup His blessings pour from each morning.

Rejoice in God's blessings today!

Bucky

No comments: