Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Knowing Who I Am in Christ

We may feel the temptation to think of ourselves as nothing to show humility. Really? To stand before the Lord who created me and say that I am nothing sounds disrespectful. Where did we find that lie? Oh, I suppose where most lies come from, the mouth of that roaring lion our adversary. Our Lord did not create a nothing and give it a name. Jesus didn't go to the cross and die for a nothing. I am reborn in Christ, dare I say that my Lord rebirthed a nothing? Yet, too often we think that is what humility means. Time to learn what my Lord says about me in His word!

This morning, we studied John the Baptist. Now there was a man who knew his place in Christ and in relation to Christ. Yet, John did not tell anyone that he was a nothing, or unimportant, or beneath notice, or any of the other things we may be tempted to think mean humility. John did not claim to be what he was not, but he proclaimed his testimony with honor. Citing a verse from Isaiah (40:3), John said that he was the voice crying in the wilderness. He bore witness to the coming of the Messiah, and pointed out Jesus as the One. Without false humility or putting himself down, John took up his cross and testified of the Christ. May we learn our place in Christ and be something for Him!

God bless and encourage you on this great day in Christ!

Bucky

No comments: