Saturday, January 03, 2015

Not Those Things Anymore

The mouth opens, and it slips out before you can stop it. "I'm a/so/such a/not ..." Woopsie! Is that true though? Usually we retain labels far past their expiration date. Take the label, 'sinner' as an example. Does our Lord say that you are a sinner after salvation? Did the Lord die on the cross to save sinners only to leave us as sinners. If so, what in the world did He save us from? We know better from our study of the Word of God, but do we always say better? I am a new creation according to 2 Corinthians 5:17. I am righteous and holy in Ephesians 4:24. These do not sound like the qualities of a sinner.

Worldly labels from past circumstances follow us too. Why do we listen to what the world says of us? The New Testament overflows with what we are now in Christ. None of them are real big on retaining those awful labels of our past life. God gave us a great gift in making the past, past. As in He doesn't call us those things anymore. If my Lord Jesus doesn't say that I'm a sinner or other derogatory things now, how 'bout I start the new year saying the good things about me too! I'll help you get started too.

You are a holy partaker of a heavenly calling. (Hebrews 3:1)

You are an heir of God since you are a child of God. (Galatians 4:6-7)

You are a fellow citizen with the rest of God's family. (Ephesians 2:19)

Now, let us go forth in Christ!
Bucky

No comments: