Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Great Gravity! I'm Stuck Here

As we grow older, the force of gravity appears to attract us more to the ground. It may be a love thing. With each passing year the earth loves us more and tries all the harder to draw us into itself. At least that sounds like a plausible explanation for why we eat less but weigh more as we age. One day, we wake up, try to get out of bed, and are forced to admit, "Great gravity! I'm stuck here." Then of course the bladder hollers at us, again, and we must admit that gravity doesn't have quite the hold on us we thought. However, if the earth loves us and wants to keep us here, we have a message of a greater love.

Let me tell you of a love that breaks us free of this earth, or better still, let the words of Jesus work in us this day:

"I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to myself; that where I am, there you may be also." (John 14:2b-3)

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)

There are many other words of love in the Bible. Before we entertain too much of that 'stuck here' feeling, read the word of our Lord.

Bucky

No comments: