Wednesday, September 10, 2014

What We Know

Good morning! This just in: Son of famous evangelist declares that the signs are right for the end times. All Christians must go forth and spread the good news of Jesus Christ! And in other news: The Scoffers Society released a response stating, "All is just the same as it was since the fathers died. Pay him no mind." What do we know really? This morning, I wore a jacket on my stroll about the streets. I know that not all of my windows are open and that it is about 15° cooler than it was yesterday morning at this time. Those are things I know, and I know that those signs point to the arrival of autumn very soon, perhaps even earlier than in the past few years. Exactly! Jesus used the fig tree to tell us that is the very point. We can know that the signs point to the end times and that the arrival of our Lord is indeed very near. This may be the last autumn we see on this earth, or we may see many more before that end time arrives.

We do know the signs pointing, but we don't know the date when Jesus will call us home. This can indeed cause a problem in our witness. It is difficult for the worldly man to see the end times when the bills keep coming each month, work or school must be attended, and the daily grinder continues grinding him. We've all heard of the daily grind, but where exactly is the daily grinder?

I once thought it might be the electric coffee bean grinder I used. A sound I described as 16 seconds of pure audible hell. This is of course hyperbole and exaggeration to the max. If I heard that many seconds of the sound from Hell each morning, I would, I think, be very familiar with the sound of hopelessness. I believe every hair on my body, and even the several that are lost somewhere, would stand on end in horror. Maybe we should hear a little of that to get us going in our ministry. Uh, no... the whip didn't work, God proved that already. The Law of Moses was the whip but its stripes couldn't heal us. There must be a better reason to bring the good news, a higher cause to stand on.

Perhaps, just maybe, the Good News itself provides the cause. A message of love from God, who loves us so much that He sent His Son, Jesus, to die to save us. Yes, I see very good news in that message. Love will send forth the 144,000 witnesses in the Tribulation. Love sends us out in our various ways and means to spread some good news. Love reaches out while the world stands on the very brink of final judgment. Paul tells us: "Now abide faith, hope, and love, these three, but the greatest of these is love." (1 Cor 13:13)

Have another day in God's great love,
Bucky

No comments: