Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Using the Knowledge and Making the Adjustment

Good morning! Let's see, holiday yesterday, that means today is Tuesday and not Monday as my brain wants to lay on me. First day of work week is Tuesday, that means internal calendar all messed up this week. Okay, as long as I continue to compensate for that, I'll be good to go. Sometimes we have knowledge that something is wrong, but we fail to do anything about it. The apostles and epistlers of old admonished us about this, but we may still find the sinful self doing this from time to time. As I like to remind myself, God gave you a human brain, use it!

There are those things that God will take care of if we just let things be. But, there are also those things that God has placed under our authority, and we need to get on 'em and make the necessary adjustments. How you discern which is which comes in prayer between you and God. Discernment is a gift of the Holy Spirit and is what Solomon asked for in his wisdom. Righto! We tend to think that Solomon gained wisdom because he asked for discernment, but think of how much wisdom he had to possess already to give the Lord the right answer first. We have some wisdom too. You may not think so this morning, but you were wise enough to come to the Lord for salvation. We may even be wise enough to come to the Lord in prayer and ask for more wisdom.

It may not feel like it to you this morning, but I do believe that I detect a positive direction in our lives courtesy of God's Holy Spirit. Let's give Him the praise!

Bucky

No comments: