Friday, September 19, 2014

What I Think I Know (or Maybe Not)

Good morning on this Friday! This morning I thought of the fourth trumpet in Revelation. It goes like this: "Then the fourth angel sounded: And a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them were darkened. A third of the day did not shine, and likewise the night." (Rev 8:12) Of course, I think that from this the world may see blizzards in the Amazon basin, glaciers over Canada, and a frozen Atlantic Ocean. What if it isn't that way? What if what I think I know is not to be relied upon in the Tribulation? God commands 1/3 less sunlight on the earth, but nothing in the climate changes. A crisis of science? And perhaps that is the point. God may send forth the trumpets to knock the rules over for a time. What we have learned in years of school gets tossed as God's power overcomes. The people of the world get further proof that their faith is misplaced, and yet many of them still refuse to believe in God and His Christ.

Meanwhile, the raptured saints in Heaven look down and wonder, "Wouldn't there be more snow?" Not if God commanded the climate to remain steady while this darkening went on. Indeed the scripture does not mention snow or ice in relation to that fourth trumpet. It says just what it says, things will be a bit darker for a time. It comes back to the Proverbs advice: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." (3:5) Reading what I think I know into prophecies in the Bible may lead into expectations that are not correct. But, while I may be wrong about a great many things, Jesus never is, and He gave those prophecies.

Have a great and godly Friday!
Bucky

No comments: