Thursday, July 31, 2014

It Just Doesn't Matter

Good morning on this bright Thursday! That title could lead into a depressing diatribe quite easily, but we'll strive for something else this morning. What I mean is that time when we look back and try to shovel all the regrets into one big pile, set it on fire with shame and self-pity, and then wait for the burning mass to fall on us. What if I had done this instead of that back in the day? Where would I be if I hadn't done this other thing? We all have a tendency toward the second guessing of our past. However, I submit that it just doesn't matter today. One thing only we had to do in our past days, and that was to believe in Jesus Christ. All those other depressing things, if you have any, God can forgive, cleanse, and/or use for our good. And let us give our past a fair assessment. It is very likely that there are good decisions in your past too. Forks in the road of life came up, and you took the right path. Or do we think that God could not guide us in that past we so desire to look down upon to the shame and degradation of the self?

Sure, you made a bad turn here and there; I did too. What matters is today. Do we know that a decision made in the past might have turned out differently at today? Sure, but the point is might have, not would have, for we do not know the would-have's. And who said that I know so much about the path Christ is leading me on? Who am I to say that decision made way back in the day was the wrong turning to take. Perhaps what I see as a bad decision was in fact a correction made by God to get me here, today, right where He would have me to grow. If I am in the wrong today, then my faith reminds me that God can set me right again. So there, you dark, doubtful, and depressing thoughts, get lost and get behind me!

Have a new day in Christ Jesus,
Bucky

No comments: