Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Can't See, Not There

Good and thunderous Wednesday morning to you! We are sitting under a rumbler cloud this morning. Rain should be arriving just any moment now. As it happened, I left the curtain closed that shows the storm this morning. However, the fact that I cannot see the storm does not mean that it isn't there. The first clue may be the thunder, but the second is the sort of reverse dawn we are experiencing right now. As it gets darker this morning, I want to address - whoops, the streetlights just came back on - the unconfessed sin in my life. I don't have any. You see, all I have to do is turn my thoughts away from that dark place in me, and 'poof' no more unconfessed sin. I'm rather proud of that. Look at the good little me! ...Yeah, all my friends in Christ are ready to grab me and shout things like, "Fool!" or "Hypocrite!", and well they should.

Like a thunderstorm that I shut out the sight of with a closed curtain, sin lurks in us and we dare not turn our spiritual back to it. Can't see, not there does not work when God sees and you or I should see. Willful ignorance of our sins will not prevent them from paying out their dreadful wages. However, let us not forget who lives within us! The dirt and filth that lurks in our inner home is being dealt with by God's Holy Spirit. We are not alone in this fight. (We - alone, interesting pairing there.) Of course, I mean that each of us is not alone in our fight to clean up those dank, dark interior chambers of our inner house. The Spirit is powerful, quick, and indefatigable in this fight to clean you and me up from the inside out. Can't see, not there may be the carnal body's excuse, but the dear Holy Spirit does see and one day that lurking sin will not be there. Whoo, praise God for the rain!

Bucky

No comments: