Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Perspective

Good morning! I've been up for a while now, so I'm quite well awakened. For the second time in my adult life, a water heater has spewed its guts across my floor. Fortunately, the guts of a water heater are made of water. Kind of fits in a weird sort of way. The service call is in to the gas company, and hopefully a new one will be in later today. Praise the Lord, I was also home this time and I can clean up before there is an inch or two of lovely mold growth gracing the floors and walls, which is not really the going thing in apartment decor (I was a renter in an apartment during the last water heater deluge and out of town when it gave out.) However, all that be as it may, for a bit of perspective, I have but to gaze across the street at a real disaster. With that perspective, this is nothing. A bit of a pain, an irritation, a chance to wash some carpet in the basement, uh, I can't think of what else it is, but it isn't a disaster. Oh, it was a rude awakening too.

These things happen in this life. This is not some particular affliction reserved only for me. God did not leave His throne for a moment to take a break from watching over me. This is not a sign of some impending doom or a punishment for sinning against a water heater. (If there is a way to do that last, I don't really want to know what it is.) God loves me and God loves you, and that is that! Did all of these thoughts immediately occur to me at 0330 when I realized what had happened? Well, no, I must admit that handsprings of joy were not my initial reaction. I'll have to get to that later. God will restore my joy. I may need to wait for the new Heaven and the new Earth to perform handsprings. I'm pretty sure that I have never done a real handspring in my entire earthly life.

Have a better day in Christ!
Bucky

No comments: