Monday, February 03, 2014

Utter Humiliation

Good Monday! I thought that I knew the depths of humiliation at several points in my life, but then again, it may have happened to someone else last night. I won't give out their team name, but what do we say when our team loses so... ah, yes, the Olympics begin on Thursday! NASCAR season begins this month. Let's talk any sport but foo...foot. Yeah, that thing we were all excited about this weekend. Oh, well. Let us congratulate Seattle under the golden rule, and then move on with life this morning as best we can. Little did we know that God sent the Comforter for the day after the big game that turned into the big debacle. How could we know on Saturday that second place would hurt so much on Sunday night?

Phew! How do I go on without talking about such an event? There is something happening in you and me that does not depend upon big events in life. Yes, God is changing us and this goes on while we go about our everyday lives. We notice the big events, and remember them better than the so-called normal days, but God is at work in the heart of His people at all times. The church with Christ as its head builds and grows with each passing day. You may not think that anything happened in your walk with Christ today, but God worked on your heart. I may think that I actually slid backwards on this day, but God may see it differently. The morning begins a new day with fresh mercies from God.

Have a great day in Christ!
Bucky

No comments: