Monday, February 17, 2014

That Should Be...Just About Right, I Think

Good Monday morning! The moderate temps of the past few days have been a blessing to us. Praise God for His blessings each day!

Sometimes when we think of eternity with Jesus, and then we look at the condition of the self, and we think that forever should be just about right for getting 'me' straightened out. If indeed I were in charge of making me acceptable to God, then forever might not be enough. Why else do those who depend on self-righteousness end up spending eternity away from God? But Jesus is not me, and His cleansing blood does not take forever to work its wonderful work. When Jesus declared His work accomplished and finished on the cross, we have only to believe and there it is!

Once more, looking at the 'me' that does not seem to fit. However, we are to look at Jesus. Just like the devil still having a little time to do his dirty work, we too are not finished with our sanctification yet. The cross only had to be done once, but the effects are still working through humanity and the world. Jesus rose from the grave once. We don't have to wait for Him to do it again. You and I were saved by Jesus once. It is done. We don't need to wait on forever to be acceptable to God; we only need wait on Jesus to bring us home.

Have a wonderful week in Christ!
Bucky

No comments: