Thursday, February 20, 2014

I Wish I Could Help

Good morning! Winter has hinted of a comeback with a bit of snow and ice this morning. How many times have I looked at a particular resource of mine, saw that the tank was dry, and wished that I could help someone in need? Many times, but why do I waste time wishing when the power of Almighty God is available in prayer? Prayer is the door faith walks through to stand before the Lord with a request. Any fool can wish, but we have a better way available to us.

The better way of Jesus provides for God's glory. My grumbles and complaints are well-washed with my self-interest. My desire to be the provider for all may be a sneaky way of wanting to take God's place. That temptation provided for the downfall of a certain angel. Ouch, bad pun there. Submitting to the will of God means that God does the providing. The Lord may use me, or He may use a brother in Christ, or He may provide nothing in some cases. The Lord may use other ways and means to provide; many of which have nothing to do with me except for one thing...prayer. Oh, if I could grow in Christ to think prayer first in place of that first moan of the carnal flesh! Hey, just the fact that the thought comes a little later is proof that Christ is at work in me.

I wish I could help, and I can! By coming before Jesus in prayer, I can provide my help to all who need it in the best way possible. If I see a need, and the only way I can help is to pray to God, then I am content with my part. Let God have the glory, let His people pray.

Bucky

No comments: