Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Rescuer and the Comforter

Praise God for the new day! Reminders that God is in control and faith is not an issue of how strong but in Him come to me in God's perfect timing. As the song goes: once I was lost, but now I am found; I needed a rescue and Jesus is the Rescuer. We like the word 'savior' but it means the same thing. You and I needed salvation and Jesus rescued us from drowning in the swamp of sin's payments. Then, just to make sure that we are reminded constantly, Jesus sent to us the Comforter.

Does it feel like you keep falling back into that swamp of sin and despair? I know what you feel. Do we sometimes question whether the rescue didn't fail? Yes, that thought often comes during the tribulations' worst moments. Faith tells us that God has it all under His sovereign control, but sometimes it doesn't feel like it down here near the shores of that swamp. There are ministers who paint a rosy picture. All of their problem stories are from the past. God's marvelous hand moved them to a point of prosperity, and life is one big smile. You and I may live a season like that in this life. Hard to believe? It hasn't happened to you yet? Yeah, I know what you mean there too.

It isn't always centered in our tendency to worry. Often, it just seems that life in this world throws blow after blow, like a boxing machine that no one can shut off after the human fighter is nearly out on his feet. Sometimes we need a standing (or maybe sitting) ten-count, but God doesn't seem there to give us one. The reminder that comes to me from the Comforter is always the same; "You are stronger than you know...in Christ!" The final phrase is so very important. So much so that Mr. Swindoll pointed it out last night on his program. In my own strength, my estimation is pretty much spot on by now. But in Christ, all that weakness is for God's glory, and His power is made perfect in my weakness. (2 Corinthians 12)

Here I am, Lord. My life is Yours!
Bucky

No comments: