Friday, February 07, 2014

Totally Uncoordinated

Good Friday morning. The thing about the outside temperature just doesn't bear repeating. It just is; and we learn to deal with it and praise God for our ability to adjust. This morning, I tried to skritch the cat and pull open the drapes at the same time. Of course I couldn't do it very well. Stop the one, and the lose the cord on the other. Then get confused on which action went with which hand. I'm so totally uncoordinated. I have never understood how those drummers can coordinate all four limbs independently and so well. I think, "It's just like walking. Each arm moves opposite the other, and each leg moves differently." With that thought, I trip over a curb. Yup, totally uncoordinated.

My spiritual walk with Jesus appears to go much the same way. Sometimes I think that I should tell my friends in Christ how well my stumble with Jesus is going. If it isn't a hoof in my mouth, then it's something I'm thinking that is wrong. If my hands aren't up to no good, then my eyes are looking where they shouldn't. Praise God that I only have one decision to remember - that of saying "Yes, I believe." to Jesus and accepting His salvation. Once I surrendered my all to Christ, from then on grace has me covered. Stumbling and bumbling my way with Jesus, we will arrive at the pearly gates. After I trip over the golden pavement, I expect to look up and see y'all there too.

Have a great Friday in Christ Jesus!
Bucky

No comments: