Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Early Morning Light - May 22, 2010

Good Saturday morning! Geese and rabbits and robins, oh my! Not too many people up and about when I went out this morning. I can see from the photos that I still have much to learn. When I took the first photos a couple of months ago my standards of photographic excellence were pretty low. As I have taken more photos, I realize that most of them are not the best, and some show evidence of, dare I say it... mistakes on my part. Too dark, out of focus, or just plain dull, the photos are not good except as learning tools.

The early morning light is good, but simply having the light shine right is not all there is to it. We can see this one coming... yup, our Christian life is much the same. We have the perfect light of Jesus, but we might have our spiritual eye just a bit out of focus, or we try to blend the light and the dark in our philosophy on some point. This light, unlike the sun, doesn't blend at all with the darkness for a kind of soft, half-light. The light of Jesus banishes all darkness, we cannot blend the two no matter how much our flesh might like to make the attempt.

The world is in the process of making a one-size, one-planet, religion that fits everyone. One way folks will know when that one-world religion has arrived is when the one-world government says accept the state religion or die. We don't have that yet, praise God, and our hope is that those who believe in Christ will not have to be here to see it. Until that day, look to Jesus in faith.

Bucky

No comments: