Monday, May 03, 2010

Bad Day for Me-Good Day for You? - May 3, 2010

Good Monday morning! Thank you for all the happy birthday wishes yesterday. I can't call myself old yet, but each year I do get a little closer to that dreaded condition. :-) As we grow in this life, it seems a bit unfair that just as we start to get a handle on simply behaving ourselves, we have to suffer old age. Yes, I do realize that my handle might be a bit more slippery than most, but I'm not suffering old age quite yet either.

In the midst of a terrible day, did you ever stop to realize that your bad day might cause a good day for another person? We all like to help someone in need, but sometimes our own circumstances can overwhelm us. Yesterday, I went out to see what was going on at the farm and arrived just in time to get a boat ride on Jumbo (reservoir down in Colorado). Nothing too out of the ordinary there, Gary had been planning to get out on the first decent day. However, the back story is the interesting part; I should have missed the ride by a good three or four hours.

Gary had a bit of a bad day. First he ran over his new dog, Daisy, breaking one of her back legs. She had developed the bad habit of laying under vehicles you see, and vehicles sometimes move. We all know how easy it can be to lose sight of a pet, or a child, when moving vehicles and how terrible things can happen in that circumstance. According to the vet, the dog will be alright, but the cast and care is going to cost a bit. Next, the new fenders on Gary's boat trailer cut down one of his trailer tires not two miles from their farm. Second disaster of the day, and still no boat ride. A trip to town to fix a tire, a bit of welding and adjusting to the fenders and two hours later, it's finally time for the trip to the lake... which is just the moment that I showed up.

Of course, things started going better for them as soon as I arrived. :-) No, I don't believe that I'm some kind of over-large good luck charm. A bad day for Gary, turned out to be a good day for me as I had not been on a boat for about 20 years. I took about 200 pictures yesterday while Gary and Dylan fished; they enjoyed their hobby and I enjoyed mine. Both of our days got better you might say. What is the ultimate example of this?

We know, we just don't always think about it. Jesus endured some days that must go down among the worst days anyone has ever endured. Yet those turned out to the very best days for us. Without His suffering, we could not be saved. With His death on the cross, we are forgiven and made right with God. With His victory, we can have eternal life. Bad day or good day? Sometimes we just need to see it from another view. I'm sure that is how Jesus endured, by seeing His bad days in light of our eternity.

Have a great week in Christ!

Bucky

1 comment:

Bucky said...

You're welcome! Bucky