Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Price to Pay - April 28, 2009

Good Tuesday morning! I felt like a little Christmas music this morning. Yes, the end of April might be just a bit early for some, but I'm ready for the joyous sounds of Christmas. The house seems a bit down today, neither my computer nor my self wanted to spring out of slumber this morning. The self part is my own fault; I stayed up reading late into the night and then finished the book when I woke up this morning at 0600. The book is the classic A Bridge Too Far by Cornelius Ryan. Cornelius, now there's a name you don't hear much anymore. The story documents the attempt to liberate Holland in World War II via a huge airdrop. Had the operation worked, the war might have been ended in 1944, at least in the European theatre. What strikes me about this story is the destruction that took place to liberate the countries of Europe.

God warns us about pride. What can happen when that warning is ignored? Hitler sought greatness and many people paid with their lives, both soldiers and civilians. Even among those who survived the war, a price was paid throughout their lives. If you or I give in to pride we may not end up destroying half the world, but somewhere a price must be paid. If we have given in to pride in the past with words like "I believe in me" or other times we told the Lord that he was not needed at the time, we owe a price for that. Thank God that Jesus paid that price and we are forgiven!

Enjoy the freedom of salvation!

Bucky

No comments: