Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Don't Always Follow - April 8, 2009

Good Wednesday morning! Ah, the nice weather yesterday could almost make one believe that spring will arrive at last. I'm a bit distracted by all the ideas running through my head today. Concentration on the task at hand may be my trial for this day. However, I have learned that it is bad to let the ideas escape and will jot them down as they come to me. I'm writing kinda slow anyway today, something doesn't seem to be clicking in my devotional writing brain today. What's best for me... Do you sometimes catch yourself thinking of something that is best or easiest for you and realize suddenly that the solution you thought of is not good for someone else? Each of us exists in our own mind and body, of course we will often think of what is best for us first. However, we are set free in Christ. Free to think of others as well as ourselves. While selfish thoughts will occur, we don't have to stand on the pillar of self.

Do you blame your self for the stray thoughts that come to mind from time to time? I have blamed myself, but I wonder if that blame is not misplaced. In this world we will have arousing thoughts come to our minds. The task is then not to dwell on what is obviously a sinful thought. A glance at another person doesn't have to become an idle daydream. A thought of injustice doesn't have to turn into a revenge fantasy. We don't always have to follow where the thought leads. I'm not saying this will be easy of course. Daydreaming comes easily to us all. I might be writing this for tomorrow if I don't get going here. I'll blame the cat; he's getting a lot of attention this morning. :-)

Yours in Christ Jesus,

Bucky

No comments: