Monday, April 20, 2009

On Time and In Charge! - April 20, 2009

Good Monday morning! The cats are making their presence known this morning; not quite sure what the disagreement is about, but there it is. Today I also thought that I might be a hypocrite. I don't want to wait on the Lord, but I make others or even the cat wait on me. How does one set priorities without making someone else wait? In a corporate environment I could see a person constantly going from one task or meeting to another without ever getting his or her own tasks completed simply by not making others wait. Perhaps the question is not one of hypocrisy as much as one of wondering: How does the Lord do it? I mean how does the Lord pay attention to all of us all of the time?

We may have to wait on the Lord. I don't have a problem with waiting as I know that His timing is perfect. However, at the same time billions of people, whether they will acknowledge Him or not, are praying, living, learning, dying, and ignoring God all at the same time. Even if only a million or so people are praying to Him right now, how does God hear them all? I can't even listen to two people at the same time. Of course, you can see that I am asking in light of my own human limitations. God is not limited by two human ears and one human brain. Our Lord is also not limited by time and space as we are. As I try to imagine God listening to a million prayers at once, I am suddenly struck by the fact that God hears all the prayers that have ever been made or will be made to Him right now. God is also aware of every little subatomic reaction going on in a universe we cannot comprehend! How does He do it? I cannot even begin to imagine, but I am glad that He is in charge! :-)

Have a great day in Christ!

Bucky

No comments: