Friday, April 24, 2009

Conversation Killer - April 24, 2009

Good Friday morning! Are you a conversation killer? I have done this more than once. I must admit to killing conversations. Guilty as charged. The the last time this happened was in the question of the economy. How are you going to make it? What are you going to do? Of course, my first answer is: Trust in God! Two other guys were in the car and they immediately began to converse on something else. I am glad that God has prepared me to keep company with myself a lot, because it was a while before they wanted to hear from me again. It was as though I had some sort of condition that had suddenly manifested itself and would later go away if ignored.

You have experienced similar moments I am sure. We don't want to go away from the person or persons, we still love them and want to talk to them. However, there are times that the mention of God or Jesus will cause defenses to immediately come up. That is going to happen. The good news about that is the Holy Spirit must be working on them for the conviction of their hearts to prick them so quickly. I remember when I didn't want to hear about God or Jesus back in the day. The reasoning was that I felt guilty enough on Sunday; why cause myself more stress by a reminder of my sin during the week too? However, that was a classic case of treating the symptom; the underlying sickness still needed treatment with the blood of Christ.

The best thing to do after whacking a conversation like that is to pray for those folks. We will not always be around to see the harvest. Sewing the seed might be our job in this life. The Holy Spirit will continue to work on those you love, and as you and I know, the Holy Spirit is a very persistent fellow. Trust in God and live with Christ! We will see the harvest; even if one particular plant is not ours to reap.

Have a loving Friday in Christ Jesus!

Bucky

No comments: