Monday, June 04, 2007

June 4, 2007

Good morning, the time has arrived to return to work once more. The temperature yesterday looked to be warmer, but the clouds came and shaded us. That just goes to show how much I know about the weather! I am glad that all of us are sharing the Good News about grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. The glory of the Lord shines on us this day!

The classwork that hangs over me on the weekends can at times seem to prevent me from enjoying the break from work. That is an attitude the Lord is working to change in my life. A productive weekend is a break too, and the fact I didn't spend the weekend watching TV doesn't mean that it was wasted, quite the opposite in fact. I heard from another student this weekend who has 6 classes to finish after this one that we are attending now (I have 7) and she said that she is looking forward to a long break after finishing, much as I have said before. Sometimes we like to think that our suffering or trial is unique, that we are put on harder than others. At times that may be true, but most of the time we only like to think so and it isn't true at all. God gives us the strength to complete the difficult tasks and to endure the trials that come our way. I often hear that we should stop whining about how big our problems are, and tell our problems how big our God is.

God bless you on this wonderful day!

Bucky

No comments: