Friday, June 15, 2007

June 15, 2007

Good morning and g'day! What was your stress buster yesterday? I followed the instructions from Pastor Rogers and asked for a stress buster. God threw me a life jacket yesterday and what a blessing it was! I am still laughing about it. Humor, what a great way to bust that stress. It went something like this: As I arrived at work, I was still in the funk so to speak, having a pity party with myself, probably suffering the pangs of depression. After taking care of the e-mails and the morning network checks, I wandered to the dock area of the basement and met the maintenance supervisor, Don. It turns out that someone upstairs had asked him to dispose of something, but there was something hazardous about this object and they had asked him to take care of it. This object had a pressurized gas cylinder on it that would explode if disposed of in a fire, such as the city landfill might do. Don did not feel comfortable and asked for my help. The object was one of those life jackets that you jerk the cord to inflate. I asked for a stress buster and God, quite literally, sent a life jacket! The problem that Don may have had is that too many people use the phrase "blow up" to describe the action of this life jacket, which is true, but has other connotations... like "explode". A life jacket would not be designed to cause harm, so I had no fear and jerked the cord. Those things do get quite cold when they first inflate!

That little incident gave me the relief I needed to take my problem to the big boss; as you might expect, he was not concerned and simply wanted to be kept informed. Sometimes, perhaps too often, we make problems bigger than they are with worry and dread. I thank you all for the verses and stories (and prayers!) to help me through a tough moment yesterday. I will certainly return the favor and pray for each of you. Let the glory of the Lord rise among us!

What a day of rejoicing is soon to come!

Bucky

No comments: