Monday, June 25, 2007

June 25, 2007

Learning, we all do it throughout our lifetimes whether we will admit to it or not. The very learned may be unteachable, but they still learn. In Christ we become learners once more, we are born again with eyes Christ-opened. This morning I finished the main text of the book Into Abba's Arms, by Dr. Sandra D. Wilson, that you know I have been reading for some time now. The appendices contain important information that I will get to soon, but the book was truly a revelation. Not the least of which is the fact that I am not alone in my struggles and neither are you. At times, we get into a self-pitying, arrogant state where we think that our problems are unique and by extension, unsolvable. We, you and I, are unique creations of God, but our problems are more common than we want to think. As I read through the book, it became slow going as I ran into parts that touched directly on my boo-boos as Dr. Wilson calls them in her book. It is difficult when the Bible or another book fingers your hurts directly; for one thing that means that your problem is not unique, else why would a book sold worldwide address it. Did you ever think that, in a Christ-wrought turnaround in your heart, the Bible does not address your problems, it addresses YOU! Praise the Lord for that! After all, why would the Lord want to talk to your problems anyway. He wants to have a relationship with me, and you, and our friends and neighbors. The Bible is addressed to each of us individually, and gains in power as we walk closer with the Lord Jesus Christ. The Way is open to come to the Father, our Abba, and to have a close, loving relationship with the almighty creator of Heaven and Earth.

Let the Son rise among us today!

Bucky

No comments: