Wednesday, June 13, 2007

June 13, 2007

Good morning! Questions will arise in our walk with the Lord, and most often that question is "why me?" or "why is this happening?", or something of that sort. Recently, actually yesterday, that question occurred to me and the answer I received was a Bible verse. Now this answer is not a yes or a no, and as we often see in the Bible stories, gives an answer that only God would give. The verse is Psalms 29:2 and goes like this:

"Give honor to the Lord for the glory of his name. Worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness." (NLT)

In our trials we often forget who we should be looking to and who is larger than our problems. We may not receive a yes/no or "this is why" response from God, we may not be able to understand why from our limited point of view. If you or I are letting problems overwhelm us, making them first in our life when we know they should not be, the Lord may, in his mercy, remind us of who is to come first in all things.

Some might say that "hearing" a verse in your mind is strange or funny, I once thought just like that and looking back I would call the condition unbelief. Now, I don't think that to be strange at all, and in fact I expect it as an answer to voiced or unvoiced questions that I ask of our Lord. The Lord has already given us 66 volumes of answers; what we discover in life are the questions.

May God grant us wisdom in this,

Bucky

No comments: