Saturday, June 23, 2007

June 23, 2007

Good morning! We get to enjoy a nice cool Saturday morning, though summer has begun both officially and temperature-wise. Today, if I am not mistaken, will quite likely kick off the fireworks season, not one of my favorite times of the year. Perhaps I will join them this year instead of complaining about them. What happened to my attitude between now and childhood? As a child I wanted nothing more than to spend as much money as I could get my hands on to blow up fireworks, the bigger the better. Now I view them as slightly worse than gambling, throwing money down with no possibility of return and perhaps a headache to go with it. Actually I think older folks tried to explain that to me even back in the day. Each year though I endure the annoying little fire crackers to get to the big show. Yeah, the one where the fire department sets off the big patriotic fireworks display on the 3rd or 4th of July. Now that I still enjoy and perhaps always will. The bursting star shapes remind me of one very startling cosmic display that happened about 2,000 years ago. How the simple-living shepherds and other folk must have stood in awe of the coming of the King.

God is love, love conquers all.

Bucky

No comments: