Saturday, December 30, 2006

December 30, 2006

Good Morning! The sun shines um, rather dimly on the snow. We seem to have a few clouds around today. Praise the Lord for the new snowfall over the past couple of days. Yes, I do get tired of driving on the snow and ice, but you can’t have lots of snow on the yard and none on the street, it just doesn’t work that way. The past couple of weeks remind me of what I have always thought living in Minnesota in the winter would be like. In this world we get the good with the bad, or perhaps more accurately, what we prefer with that which we do not like so well. Can you imagine living with Jesus in the new Jerusalem and waking up to find a foot of beautiful snow that is not cold? There it is, just me imagining the new Earth. Someone else might ask, “Wake up? We won’t have any need to sleep in the new Earth!” Perhaps that is true, I will cheerfully admit that my dreams of Christ’s new Earth are much too colored by where I am right now. I simply cannot imagine how wonderful it will be. We trust the Lord with all that is in this life and we also trust Him with all that will be in the next. That is a lot of trusting, and that is why the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, has been sent into our hearts until Jesus returns. Thank you, Lord for your Holy Spirit who dwells in our hearts and gives us comfort, Amen.

Bucky

No comments: