Thursday, December 28, 2006

December 28, 2006

Good Morning! Am I the most miserable man in the world? No, I think not. Sometimes when I wake up feeling in a funk, all manner of thoughts intrude such as leaving my job, my house, and my friends, and moving to a new place. We have been over this before; Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, and he is no different in Vermont than in Nebraska, nor in Florida as in Washington. We could extend that out to countries and planets if you wish. A bit of depression always awakens that “grass is greener” fallacy. You may feel a calling from God to go somewhere else, but that is different than the feeling that all of my or our problems will be somehow less in another location. Pastor Rogers states “The most miserable man in the world is a child of God out of fellowship with God.” I think there is a message for me in that statement. I think the message is that I am not that man. Perhaps I just need to be fed since I have not had my breakfast yet, perhaps it is a passing funk that will go away, or perhaps I just need to read from the Word more this morning. Whatever the reason, we can rest in the blessed assurance that God loves each and every one of us so much that he sent Jesus to die for us. Oh yes there is something to look forward to – Resurrection Day and that great day to follow when Jesus returns to us in his glory. The sun rises on another day, but one day the Son will rise in great glory and we will go home.

God bless you this day!

Bucky

No comments: